The organizers and volunteers of WordCamp Omaha believe that our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all. To that end, we do not discriminate against anyone, regardless of economic, social or political status, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
This Code of Conduct outlines our expectations regarding the behavior of those participating in the WordCamp, as well as the consequences for any who chose to violate our guidelines. We request that all sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees and other participants help us ensure that WordCamp Omaha is a safe and positive experience for everyone.
2. Expected Behavior
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
- Alert conference organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
3. Unacceptable Behavior
The following behavior by any attendees of WordCamp Omaha (or related events) is considered unacceptable:
- Derogatory or demeaning conduct
WordCamp venues may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
For the purposes of the Code of Conduct, harassment includes:
- Offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion or disability
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images
- Deliberate intimidation or stalking
- Harassing photography or recording
- Disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
4. Consequences Of Unacceptable Behavior
Any behavior covered in section 3 of the Code of Conduct will not be tolerated. This applies to all attendees, to include organizers, staff, sponsors, or other patrons of WordCamp Omaha venues.
Anyone asked to address unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If anyone is accused of engaging in any unacceptable behavior, WordCamp Omaha staff will take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the conference without warning or refund.
5. What To Do If You Witness Or Are Subject To Unacceptable Behavior
If you are a witness or subject to unacceptable behavior or have any other concerns, please notify a conference organizer immediately.
The WordCamp Omaha team will assist in any way necessary, be it contacting venue security or local law enforcement, providing escorts, or otherwise assisting those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the conference. Volunteers will be present during the event, and any volunteer can connect you with a conference organizer.